Sheepdog 101 is a five hour, seminar-type training event. It is conducted by lecture and guided discussion, with practical exercises included. Its main goal is to help potential Sheepdogs improve situational awareness & decision making skills that lead to effective options for dealing with all manner of threats and other stressful situations.
We will accomplish this goal by:
- Fostering an increased level of threat understanding.
- Ensuring understanding of effective steps to prevent violence.
- Ensuring our clients are prepared to make sound & timely, survival enhancing decisions during any and all violent engagements and other stressful incidents.
Lesson 1: Understanding the threat (It’s a scary world)
An overview of the problem of school and public violence, including a look inside the statistics and the toll taken by violent events.
Lesson 2: Preventing the threat (Fear is not your only option)
Some in-depth discussions on topics that play into the prevention aspect of school/public violence, including:
- Recognizing behaviors of concern
- Understanding and practicing true Situational Awareness
- Developing a survival mindset
- How to conduct risk assessments of your area
- Inexpensive and free training practices and techniques for individuals and groups
Lesson 3: Surviving the threat (Sheepdogs are prepared and determined to do what they must)
When the worst case scenario is actually happening to you, there are concrete things you can do to enhance your and others’ survival chances. In this lesson, we will cover:
- Making good decisions in good time, including a lesson in how humans make decisions and associated actions
- Specific actions that you can take in a violent/active shooter situation
- A lesson in law enforcement response (what they will do and what you must do and not do)
TO PRE-REGISTER FOR ONE OF OUR SEMINARS, JUST FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW. FOR DATE, JUST CHOOSE EITHER “NEXT AVAILABLE” OR “SPECIFIC DATE REQUEST” AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU.